Did I mention being a bit behind? Also a bit out of order? Although I just posted my son’s birthday cake for this year, his sister’s birthday was February 2nd but I haven’t shared her special cake….or should I say cakes.
- 1 box of ice-cream sandwiches
- 1 Wilton White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- 1 Wilton Blue Sparkling Sugars
- 1 Wilton White Pearlized Sugar Pearl Sprinkles 5oz
- 2 tubs of White Frosting
- Cut a ice-cream sandwich in half.
- Frost the top of one side and place the other side on top. This will create a layer effect.
- frost the outside of the layered ice-cream sandwich.
- Place in the freezer. Repeat until you have done all the ice-cream sandwiches this way.
- Freeze at least 1 hour before going to the next step.
- Frost the outside of each “frozen” cupcake once more.
- Sprinkle the top with Blue Sparkling Sugars and White Pearlized Sugar Pearl Sprinkles.
- Serve on light or aqua blue plates.
- 1 carton of vanilla ice-cream
- 1 blue colored juice (Note: If you wish to avoid “bad colors” you can color white grape or apple juice with natural blue dye from Color Garden or another natural food color.)
- Place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream into a clear glass. (I used plastic wine glasses.)
- Pour blue juice over the ice-cream.
- Serve on white plates with white spoons.
Now you are ready to pop some popcorn, slide Frozen into the Blu-Ray, and watch 3 8-year-olds sing through the entire movie.
The Family Cake
We live in the same town with a lot of our family. Both of my sisters live here with their families and my parents live here as well. Family birthday cake time is a big production in our family. Skyler has wanted 1 cake for the last year. She saw this cake 2 weeks after her last birthday and never forgot it. There is a bakery one town over called Carousel Cakes. They sell a wonderful Blue Velvet Cake accented with silver pearls and sugar snowflake. I used Wilton Blue Ready-To-Use Icing to write on the cake.
Huge bonus: They ship nationwide so you don’t need to live here to enjoy them. Check their site out because they have amazing cakes of all kinds including a Pink Velvet Cake during the month of October with a $1 of the purchase going to breast cancer research. Their Red Velvet Cake is apparently one of Oprah’s favorites that they renamed it: Oprah Red Velvet Cake.
As for Matilda and our Girl’s Night in Times Square, Skyler had a blast. We browsed through a few stores before eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company which, sadly, I felt was WAY overrated. Shrimp should not really be almost clear. At the theatre, I experienced massive sticker shock when we bought 2 ordinary-sized candies, a water, and an apple juice which totaled $24. The play itself was wonderful and amusing. Skyler said she was fighting herself not to sing along with the kids.