All through the holiday season my sister was on a serious baking kick from cookies to cakepops. Her cookies came our amazing and she used a simple resource to find all of her recipes. Each cookie was made from scratch using recipes she found at the Food Network’s 12 Days of Cookies and in their cookie recipe database.
Her top favorites that made it to Christmas Eve, Christmas, family visitors from out of the country, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day parties are:
- Throwdown Chocolate Chip Cookie from Bobby Flay – These cookies were the favorite of most with their light and crispy texture.
- Snickerdoodles adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008 – A favorite among the non-chocolate eaters.
- JIF® Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies by JIF® – My mom kept sneaking these cookies when we weren’t looking.
- Triple Chocolate Cookies by Bobby Flay – Please note that this recipe contains pecans.
- Ginger Snaps from Alton Brown – These spicy cookies have a little kick to them but go great with pumpkin pudding.
- Coconut Macaroons from Copyright 2002, Barefoot Contessa Family Style – They were perfectly moist without being mushy.
- Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies from Alton Brown – Be sure your extract is peppermint as general mint extract can contain spearmint and alter the flavors.
- Florentines (Italy) from Food Network Kitchens – These were my personal favorite.
- Hazelnut Tea Cookies by Aida Mollencamp for 12 Days of Cookies 2008 – These were my daughter’s personal favorite.